Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Introduction

Welcome to FJR Life -- a personal blog about living with a sport-touring motorcycle as the primary method of transportation. I take delivery of a brand new 2009 Yamaha FJR-1300AE tomorrow that will replace my Mazda RX-8 for all daily commuting and regular travel. Southern California is handy in that it offers a 12-month riding season. The downside is that all of this sunshine attracts a lot of people: traffic congestion is a fact of life.

In the coming posts, I will be covering such topics as why I chose the FJR, motorcycle gear, experiences commuting in LA, travel, pros/cons of giving up my car, family impact, and more.

So fasten your gear, secure your helmet, and join me as I begin the adventure.

RwP

3 comments:

  1. Congrats, RwP
    Helluva bike. I'm on my 2nd FJR and I love this platform. It can become what you want it to be, freeway battleship or canyon carver or both.
    I look forward to your further posts. I did test-ride an AE over here in Yurrup and I was impressed. I remain a "clutch person" but my initial misgivings about the AE were wiped out in the first 10 minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Dino Sauro. I am delighted that you are here. The FJR is indeed a helluva bike.

    ReplyDelete
  3. full face helmets



    Amazing!
    1. Check the tires and breaks - Make sure your tires are inflated properly and that all breaks are in good condition.
    Check the second chain and sprockets - Make sure the chain is sitting on the gears, and no slippage occurs during the transition between gears.
    3rd Check the bike frame, seat and steering wheel - Make sure the frame is in good condition and that the seat and the steering is adjusted for the comfort of the driver and all parts are tightly fixed.

    ReplyDelete